Thursday, March 10, 2011

Remembrance of things past

Today I am taking a break from the food pictures and I thought I would share some of my photos from my wonderful trip to Italy last year.
In September I headed to Rome for a fabulous fortnight with one of my girlfriends who had just finished up a contract in Armenia (I know, long way from Brisbane but she is an adventurer!). We spent 10 glorious days touring Rome, Florence and Venice. Between the gelati, the cheese and the incredible history I couldn't help but fall in love with Italia and I can't wait to go back again.
In order to remind myself why I go to work everyday I have turned my little beige box of an office into a photo montage of all the trips I have taken over the past few years.
Here are some of my favourites from Rome.

Taken at sunrise on my first day, went for a morning run and stumbled across this cemetery. So beautiful in the silence of the waking morning.

F-E-N-D-I spells H-O-M-E!


The Colosseum (well, kinda obviously). So amazing that I got to stand in (and touch!) this piece of ancient history.



Views over Rome, from St. Peter's Basilica.

The Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emanuele II at night.

Italians are known for their perfomance vehicles. Perhaps this was a Ferrari in a former life?

Time for me to sign off and go to bed after my run today I am a little tired.
Tomorrow I'll share some more photos of Italy, this time on to Florence (my favourite city).

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment