Friday, March 18, 2011

Freaky Fact Friday

After discovering this lovely lady's blog I have been inspired to share a few facts about myself every Friday.
I promise I shall only let my freak flag fly on Fridays (how's that for alliteration!) and slowly introduce you to the world of Amy.
For the inaugral post I shall share four facts about myself:

  1. I have an unnatural love for canned baby beetroot. I eat them like candy, as soon as the can is open they barely last two days. I'm not talking about the little baby cans either, I mean the buy-in-bulk-so-they-last-forever cans. They never really stand a chance around me. This is not a bad obsession to have, beets are naturally high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals (plus they are purple - how cool is that!). Also beetroot is great for heart health, owing to its nitrogen content and this article discusses how beetroot could actually help with athletic performance.
  2. I drink about 15 cups of green tea every day. This is not actually because of the myriad health benefits that green tea is believed to have, rather I feel the cold insanely easily and this warms me up very nicely.
  3. My five desert island foods would be: walnuts, cranberries, peanut butter, canned legumes of various persuasions (especially red kidney beans and chickpeas - obviously!) and beetroot.
  4. I love looking at real estate websites and fantasising about how it might look if I moved in; where I would put my favourite pictures, what colour I would paint the walls, what the garden would look like... I think you get the idea.
So there you go, not actually too freaky this Friday but I am trying to use a gradual submersion technique so that you all don't run away.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment