Saturday, March 5, 2011

Celebrating Roast Vegetables!

Today I managed to pick up a copy of 'Wholefood' by Judy Blereau. Turning the pages after unpacking our fantastic haul from the local farmer's markets and listening to the rain outside I was inspired to cook up a big batch of roasted root vegetables with some amazing but simple seasoning; warming to the body and the soul.

I peeled and chopped - washed potatoes, butternut pumpkin, sweet potato, parsnips and carrot and tossed them in olive oil, dried time, and dried and powdered sage and sprinkled them with rock salt.


I also roasted some chickpeas after coating them in Morrocan seasoning and a little splash of olive oil.

One of the many great ideas in 'Wholefoods' is roasting a head of garlic inside a piece of baking paper twisted at the top. I usually use aluminium foil but the paper worked much better.

All together my lovely meal looked like this:


This was a lovely naturally flavoursome meal, perfect for silencing the hunger monster that was the result of my 14.4km run today.

Thought for the day (from page 91 of 'Wholefoods') "Care about what you eat: absolutely insist that it be delicious and true".

No comments:

Post a Comment