Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dessert

I don't usually have 'dessert' every night, but generally I will have a little snackin' (or a lot of snackin' depending on the day) but tonight I felt like something a little more than my usual cranberries and piece of non dairy dark chocolate or peanut butter on a corn cracker. So my easy variation on peach crumble came to life!

Take 1 glorious but nearly expired peach (or nectarine or whatever is screaming at you from the crisper) and dice. I left the skin on to get maximum fibre and nutrients but you could peel it if you have the patience (clearly I do not).

To that glorious peach add 1/2 tablespoon of pure maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Stir.

Spoon this into an oven proof ramekin and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of untoasted muesli (you could use toasted or even just plain oats if that is what you have in the house).


Here are my pretty ingredients all in a row!



Ready to go into the oven. 15min at about 180 celsius or until your peach is soft and warmed through.


I served mine straight out of the oven with a little drizzle of soy milk just to give it a slight creaminess and it was heavenly. Perfect for a healthy mid week dessert!


No comments:

Post a Comment