Good evening sports fans!
I'm sorry this post is a day late, I was very tired yesterday and creative thinking was absolutely beyond my power. So here today I am responding to the One Lovely Blog Award that the fabulous Christina tagged me for! Thank you very much Christina for this wonderful award.
1. My favourite flavour is pistachio. Nothing beats the creamy green and rust coloured nut when it comes to flavouring ice cream, gelato or macarons.
|All mine when we were in Melbourne....|
2. I love the poetry of John Keats. When I was in Rome last year I was lucky enough to visit the Keats-Shelley House which was a dream come true. To wander the rooms where Keats spent his last days, writing, ruminating on life, and just generally being a classic poet of the romantic period was fabulous. My favourite poem would definitely have to be 'Ode to Psyche', there is such a nimble dance of language and rich visual quality to every word.
|And there shall be for thee all soft delight|
|That shadowy thought can win,|
|A bright torch, and a casement ope at night,|
|To let the warm Love in!|
3. I have a mildly embarrassing interest in Steven Seagal movies; he shoots, he punches, he plays guitar, he cooks! There's nothing he can't do. My top choices would definitely be Under Siege and Fire Down Below. There is nothing better on a rainy Saturday night with a big bowl of freshly popped popcorn.
4. I am a sucker for fine china. Tea cups, butter plates, sugar bowls...oh and teapots, don't even get me started on teapots.
5. If I could live anywhere in the world it would be San Francisco. I have written about my love for the city by the bay before, and I admit that my heart beats faster whenever I see the Golden Gate Bridge in the opening credits of re runs of Full House.
6. I have never seen snow in real life! In all fairness I do come from a subtropical climate but it is true, nowhere in my 24 years of life have I crossed paths with a real honest to goodness snowflake, flurry or snowball. Ben has promised to remedy this at some frosty future time - yay!
7. I write song lyrics as a hobby. I unfortunately do not have a talent for tunes to suit these words but someday maybe I'll stumble across someone with a guitar and we can have some fun bringing them to life.
So there you have my seven random facts about Amy. I now pass this award onto the following three wonderful bloggers:
Keri from The Blue-Eyed Runner
Caitlin from The Arty Runnerchick
Nikki from The Worth Of My Sole
Everyone else I wanted to tag seems to have been awarded already! So to everyone else, please share some random facts about yourself with me!