Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chickpea Overdose - Headed Your Way

I was so incredibly honoured when I opened up my emails this morning to see that I had received two blog awards from two of my best bloggie friends! The wonderful Katy had awarded me the Amazing Blogger Award and the gorgeous Christina had awarded me the One Lovely Blog Award. Ladies, I am truly touched I find inspiration and amusement in each of your blogs so thank you for these awards.
Now people, get ready for perhaps a chickpea overdose as I answer questions and post seven random facts about myself in the one post. This is going to be quite epic, prepare for pictures galore!

Firstly the Amazing Blogger Award.

1. My favourite cartoon character/s is (are):
I was a Disney child so cartoons were encouraged from a young age. My favourite would definitely have been the 101 Dalmatians. I was so enamoured with them that I even dressed up as a dalmatian for a party once! I have a sneaking suspicion that this obsession has carried over into adulthood somehow because I own a large number of black and white polka dotted dresses!

2. My favourite thing to photograph is:
There are two answers to this question.
Firstly foliage and flora.





Secondly architecture:




3.My favourite thing to cook:
I am definitely more of a baker than a cook. Amongst everything I have ever made my favourites would have to be the classic chocolate chip cookie, made with chunks of dark chocolate instead of chips. Incidentally also my favourite ever dessert, there is nothing like a chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven with melty chocolate that spills forth from the pillowy belly of the dough when you take that first bite.

4. My favourite way to exercise:
Running is my relaxation, my challenge and helps me burn off the aforementioned chocolate chip cookies.

5.My favourite movie is:
The Day After Tomorrow or Inception. Both of these movies have incredible soundtracks which is one of my favourite things about them. I used to put The Day After Tomorrow on in the background while I was working on high school or university assignments purely because I enjoyed the musical score so much.
My all time favourite movie though would have to be The Wizard of Oz. I was lucky enough while in San Francisco this year to attend a sing-a-long screening at the Castro Theatre. You bet I knew every word!
See the excitement building! Side note: my legs are really that white, it is not the lighting.

I wanted this little girl's costume!
 
Verena and I decked out in the crowns from our goodie bags.

6. My favourite article of clothing is:
I love a good dress, especially a black dress. This polka dot one is one of my new favourites.


7. My favourite breakfast is:
Oatmeal with some sort of dried fruit (usually cranberries, raisins, blueberries or dates), flavoured with cinnamon or cardamom. When I'm at home I like to add a blob of natural yoghurt on top or sometimes a drizzle of maple syrup. If I'm going to get fancy my favourite breakfast would be pancakes with maple syrup or jam.

8. My favourite book I've read lately is:
I really loved 'The Brain That Changes Itself' because I find neuroplasticity and it's potential applications fascinating. I also loved 'In Defence of Food', this book really changed the way I eat and the way I shop for food. For something on the non fiction front I really enjoyed 'Shall We Dance' and 'Water for Elephants'.

9. My favourite place to be is:
California. Whether it's the winding streets and hills of San Francisco, the beautiful and bountiful hills of Napa Valley or the excitement of Los Angeles and Hollywood, I love the golden state.


10. My favourite celebrity couple is:
I don't know that I have a favourite celebrity couple. I certainly admire the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the poise and grace with which they handle the pressure of the spotlight they are in every day.

There we go Katy! All questions answered!

I now pass this award on to the following five wonderful bloggers:

Julia from Pain, Pride and Perseverance 
Dana from My Little Celebration
Katie from Chocolate Covered Katie
Courtney from Sweet Tooth Sweet Life
Lauren from Say What You Need to Say

Head on over and check out these ladies' wonderful contributions to the blogging world. I'll be back tomorrow night with seven random facts about myself to celebrate the One Lovely Blog award!
Thanks again to Katy and Christina.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww thank you! I'm so honored you thought of me :).
    Chocolate hugs to you, pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet! I'll get on this as soon as I can. Such an honor :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great people to pass along the award to!!! Can't wait to read their responses. Your photos are so beautiful and I LOVE your little polka dot dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww! thank you! you are too sweet. I am obsessed with all of your flower pictures. GORGEOUS. inception = amazing movie!

    ReplyDelete