Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Vegan Coconut Bundt Cake

There is nothing that smells like summer more to me than coconut.
It brings to mind the smell of sunscreen, cocktails and the heat radiating off sand dunes at the end of a tropical day.
So when I stumbled across this recipe for Coconut Bundt Cake at C'est La Vegan I knew that I just had to try it out and when a morning tea for a departing work colleague presented the perfect opportunity to share the creamy goodness of some coconut I knew that it was a sign.
So tonight, after my run I came home and whipped up this cake. It was so much easier than I thought it would be and after some doubt that it might not rise, up it popped!



Now it is sitting right side up on my counter it looks a little more like this:


So there we have it, one gorgeous coconut vegan bundt cake ready to be dusted with icing sugar and devoured in our morning meeting.
I will post a picture of it once it has it's dressing gown on, but even now it looks (and smells) so fantastically summery that I can tell that I won't be able to pay attention tomorrow morning until I have a piece safely tucked into my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment