Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Inspiration in other's words

One of my obsessions is reading.
Simple sentence, however it is something that is truly important to me. I own hundreds of books, and there is nothing that pleases me more than taking a journey through the written word; whether fictional, factual or even instructional. Whenever I need comfort, entertainment, distraction or even the occasional wake-up-from-your-ivory-tower-princess I turn to literature and find my answer.
I was reading a post on ohsheglows.com today entitled Do What You Can...Today. In this post Angela talks about a Theodore Roosevelt quote that inspired her through her journey and this made me think of the quotes that I have tacked up in my home and at work.
These quotes are my everyday link to literature and the accumulated and condensed wisdom of minds greater than my own.
My three favourites would have to be:

It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness - Eleanor Roosevelt

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself - George Bernard Shaw

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind - Albert Einstein

These three quotes remind me everyday to create something in my life that changes for the better my little corner of the world and to remember to both question and believe.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment