Friday, August 19, 2011

Fallen in Love With...Friday

Well, well Fridays are certainly rolling around rather quickly at the moment!
For all that I concentrate on not wishing my life away, I can't wait for the next eight days to pass quickly beneath my feet because that means that I will be on a plane and off to see my darling in Los Angeles!
Okay, enough bragging, sorry everyone but I am just a little (okay, a lot) excited about being with Ben again.
So in honour of my impending trip this edition of Fallen in Love With...Friday will be travel themed.

  • Instead of waiting for an airport shuttle bus to the car park how about the latest in automated vehicles recently opened at Heathrow? The specially designed pods are summoned by waiting passengers and travel back and forwards from the British Airways terminal to the car park. Such a great idea!
  • Got a wonderful view from your hotel room and you want to see what it looks like throughout the day as life and light move through the city? This little weather proof digital camera can be set up to record what happens over time while you go out and enjoy wherever you happen to be!
  • Whenever I get to the airport and checked in the first place I go is the book store or newsagent. I might already have three books in my carry-on bag but I always need just one more in case I can't settle down. This time I am making myself take books that I already own that have been on my reading wishlist for a while. So far the contenders for precious suitcase room are: 'Stuffed and Starved: The Hidden Battle for the World Food System' by Raj Patel (yes, I am a community nutrition nerd), 'Will Write for Food' by Dianne Jacob and 'Venice: Pure City' By Peter Ackroyd. Hopefully that such a diverse range of reading materials will keep me entertained for fourteen hours!
  • I am one of those people who loves planning things to do before I get somewhere - even though I usually end up veering off plan, which is where the best adventures happen, believe me! So I signed up for the PureWow LA newsletter which has been dropping daily emails to this chickpea about exciting places, eats and treats in the city of angels.
I am off to enjoy a cup of tea and make my packing list! Happy Friday everyone!


4 comments:

  1. yayyyyy!!! wow! what an exciting trip you have coming up!!! so excited for you. fridays really are coming around more and more quickly lately...its getting crazy. i love to plan as well but i think i secretly get excited for the things that are a surprise and not necessarily in the plan :) happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh...let the countdown begin!!! i'm so happy for u and can't wait to see/read about ur LA boyfriend tour de force! ;) okay, the best part about newsstands at airports tho is that u can also 'steal read' and peruse all the mags (celeb gossip...haha). of course u get the evil eye but it's worth it while u're waiting for the plane. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!!! And I totally agree about the newsstand at the airport- first place I go too! Although... I also load up on candy that I didn't get at the bulk store, but I digress...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a HUGE planner too! I am so jealous you are going to LA! You are going to have an amazing time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete