Sunday, September 25, 2011

Return to Reality

Well, here I am back at home, with a heavy suitcase and a bit of a tan, and already planning my next adventure. I know that I have been remiss with my posting whilst I was away but there was life to be lived, food to be eaten, mountains to be climbed and dear reader, I apologise that I did not keep you up to date with what was happening. So here in a long picture post I will describe for you the rest of my wonderful California sojourn.

Palos Verdes
As you can already tell from our previous adventures we love to be beside the seaside so a trip to Palos Verdes one morning was absolute heaven. Another day by the shore soaking up some sun and playing with pups in the sand.



Vegas Baby!
Ben and I headed out to Las Vegas for a family friend's birthday and stayed for three nights at the Flamingo Hotel. We had a great time in the pool, running through the city when it was deserted in the mornings, and playing blackjack.
We went out to the Shelby Museum which I definitely recommend for any fellow car enthusiasts. Ben and I had a great morning oohing and aahing over new and old beauties alike. We were also very fortunate as we got to meet Mr. Shelby himself while touring the factory floor! Dad was very jealous. 

My new car - an absolute classic!

Ben's new car
 Views and thrills were also to be had above the strip on the afternoon the whole group headed up the top of the Stratosphere Hotel tower to partake in the heart stopping adrenalin pumping rides located on the top floor. It was so much fun! Cue much giggling and screaming from me. The view of the mountains and the strip as the sun goes down is also phenomenal. Although most people come to Nevada to see Las Vegas there are so many naturally astounding sights out there as well and watching the mountains being painted by the sun as it descended for the evening was just as thrilling as the rides.
Mike, me and Ben hanging out high above the strip

Told you we were high above it all!
 Another one of my favourite things about Las Vegas is the collection of brilliant restaurants within blocks of each other. On our last night Ben and I headed to Andre's a gorgeous French restaurant located within the Monte Carlo Hotel. Everything was perfect; the menu, the décor, the company, the wine. It is certainly an evening that will be long remembered. The perfect end to the evening - crème brulee! Silken custard topped with crunchy caramelised sugar and berries that burst with freshness in your mouth, it all added up to heaven in a ramekin.
Happy chickpea.
And a few days later, after a few more hikes in the mountains, a few more trips to WholeFoods (I already miss you!) and of course daily adventures, I boarded a plane and flew through the night back to my other home.
Thank you my Ben, Jazmin, and LD for an amazing holiday and I can't wait to be with you all again very soon.

1 comment:

  1. what a great trip, going to Vegas is still on my list. Idk when or how to go there :)

    ReplyDelete